Thursday 30 April 2009

A quick beer tasting - BrewDog Punk IPA


Just a quick one today. I bought a load of BrewDog Punk IPA at the beginning of last week as my local supermarket had it on special offer, 99p a bottle was a bargain! I thought I would do a little tasting for you, in case you haven't tried it yet.

Once lightly chilled, the beer pours a crystal clear straw colour, with a thin head that sticks and laces down the sides of the glass. The initial smell is floral and citrus.

Down the hatch!

This is where it gets interesting. Grapefruit, lemongrass, very little sweetness and a real bitter back of tongue aftertaste. There is also a piney, resiny taste, it doesn't taste as strong as the 6% abv that it is. It is really dry and fresh, an excellent summer drink, but at 6% it is not really sessionable!

I picked up a few more BrewDog beers on my jaunt up to Borough market last weekend, i'll hopefully get round to tasting them (and writing about them) soon.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know they ripped off the Stone marketing concept. Well, good for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, it is worded almost exactly the same as Stone's marketing. I assume Stone did it first, BrewDog only started in 2007!

    ReplyDelete